 |
| Sunset in Rainbow Bottom, Gorin, MO |
I love country roads - dusty, rock roads. In particular, I like the ones that lead to my sister's and brother's homes in Missouri! The boys and I along with my parents and sister Beth and her kids (that's a bunch!) recently spent a week visiting there. It was so nice being in what I call "the country, country!"
The main reason for the trip was to cheer on my nephew, Lee, as he walked across that gym stage and received his high school diploma. Way to go, Lee!
(So glad I brought the tablet to occupy Ethan during the almost 2-hr event and poor Benjamin he just spent his time worried about the lady sitting across from us with the bright red/pink hair! He kept telling me, "I don't like looking at that lady!" I spent a lot of time just covering his eyes with my hands!)
 |
| "Woohoo, Lee!" |
 |
| Larry and Tamara and the kids. It was so nice seeing them all again! |
We spent some fun days playing and fishing too! Ethan's favorite thing was the chickens. Aunt Tammy had around 30 of the tamest little hens. Ethan really, really liked them and well, let's just say they all got to know Ethan very well! He would pick one up, hold it a bit then politely tell it, "thank you, now you can go." Then he would turn to the next and say, "Now its your turn!" I loved it! I have about 15 pictures of him just holding chickens!
 |
| Ethan holding one of the 30 hens he caught and held during our visit. |
 |
| Benjamin just smiled at them! |
 |
| Jordynne & her "TT!" She loved his wagon rides. The faster the better! |
 |
| Jordynne is getting so big! Love taking her picture! |
Fishing is the best in Missouri, and we have many favorite farm ponds we like to visit. The boys had fun catches of bluegill and even two good size bass. I had so much fun watching them reel in their "big" fish! I also enjoyed the couple times that I got to fish a little on my own. Catching a 4 1/2 lb bass was awesome! Special thanks to Larry and also Leon & Ann Shaw for letting us fish in their ponds.
 |
| What a catch! Benjamin is proudly holding the boys' bass caught with night crawlers! |
 |
| Ethan looking at Mommy's amazing catch! Thanks, Uncle Larry for letting us fish in your pond! |
With just a few days to get in visiting family, time really flies. Our last evening was spent with Jonathan and Denice on their farm. We took all our fish and had a big fish fry with all the fixin's!
 |
| My dear brother, Jonathan. |
 |
| Cousin Colton! Love this sweet kid! |
 |
| Its Tractor Time! |
 |
| Shannyn and one of her babies! She read a book to me while I was there - so proud of her! |
 |
| I love these Missouri rolling hills! Jonathan has such a pretty place. |
So thankful for the time spent up north. Always a little sad to pack up and leave those dear ones once again. There are just too many miles between us...and Christmas is so far away [sigh]. On the bright side, we made some wonderful, happy memories to add to all the others.
 |
| Down the dusty road. |
2 comments:
Brenda,
This is such a great post. You are a natural writer. It brought tears to my eyes, smiles, and a few chuckles. The pictures are so great. You capture the moment every time.
We loved having you all in the "country, country" and yes, Christmas is a long time away.
I love you, baby sis
loved this and all the pictures. Made me homesick for Missouri. Spending time with cousins and family so precious. love, Maria
Post a Comment