Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Forever Valentines


He was almost 12; I was 10. He was in sixth grade and I was in fourth. He had blond hair and dark brown eyes and a cute crooked smile. It made my heart race when he looked at me...well...maybe my racing heart was because I was always chasing him on the playground! But I loved him - that boy from across the school hall.

Many, many valentine days ago a little girl slipped into a darkened classroom and shyly placed her valentine on his desk. Would he be mine?  I wonder what the little girl would have thought if she had known that somehow, one day that handsome boy would be her Forever Valentine!

I loved him then and I LOVE him now and for always! And because we fell in love.....

I have two more Forever Valentines!
Ready for the party with their puppy love valentine boxes.
The boys were so excited today. We attended our local homeschool group valentine's party. There were lots of kids, fun, goodies and a valentine exchange. Their puppy boxes were stuffed full! I was so proud of the boys. They joined in and played with their old friends and even made some new ones. It was a wonderful day!

Sweet Valentines!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Brenda, this post brought tears to my eyes. I love the pictures of the boys. They have the cutest smiles.