Heaven keeps growing sweeter and the longing to be at home is growing stronger.
My dad's brother, my Uncle Richard, passed away last Sunday and tomorrow they will lay his body to rest. I long to be there with all the family as they say their final goodbyes. My heart will be with them and I will be in prayer for them.
I have lots of memories of my Uncle Richard. As a little girl (and a grown girl!), I just loved to sit and listen to my dad and his brothers reminisce and share tales of their growing up on the farm in rural Missouri. I can still hear my Uncle Richard's voice...I don't know what it was about his voice but I loved to hear him talk and laugh.
| Dad, Uncle Richard (middle) and Uncle Paul - May 2010 |
Uncle Richard was a kind, honest, big-hearted man....and helped so many of us find good, sound automobiles at a good price! He was always ready to help.
| Uncle Richard and my Aunt Neta |
I will always remember the big, strong man he once was. This precious man suffered so much these past few years. We prayed so long for his healing and the restoration of his strength. God's answer to our prayers? Ultimate healing - he is home free. He is reunited with many of his dear loved ones. He is holding a little grandson with an arm around a son. He is being embraced by a father and mother. AND Face to Face with Jesus!
| The Pierce brothers with their lovely wives. |
Yes, Heaven has grown sweeter. One more reason to finish this race, to press forward. No looking back, holding firmly to the faith....and trusting in Jesus.
2 comments:
Wonderful post, Brenda...he really was a special man. I also enjoyed hearing all the things that he and dad and Uncle Paul did as kids! He really did have a voice that was unique; and soft spoken. I'm so glad that we have the hope of heaven. Jesus said that He has prepared a place for those that love Him...Uncle Richard just went on ahead of us!
Thank you for this post Brenda. I wish you could have been there too. It was a nice service.
Uncle Richard was a sweet man and I always knew that he loved his family. I miss him but look forward to a happy reuion.
Post a Comment