Sunday, April 15, 2012

He's the Lily of the Valley


There is this tiny flower that has the sweetest fragrance. When I inhale its sweet perfume, it takes me back to when I was a little girl at my Grandma's house. Behind her house by the orchard gate these little sweet flowers grew under a giant walnut tree. When spring came that was the first place I would go to peek and see if the little white "bells" had bloomed. No other flower smells as sweet!

The Lily of the Valley.
There is a sweet, old hymn I love to sing. You don't hear it much anymore, but it would be a good hymn to sing in church once again! 

I have found a friend in Jesus,
He's everything to me,
He's the fairest of ten thousand to my soul;
the Lily of the Valley, in Him alone I see
all I need to cleanse and make me fully whole.
In sorrow He's my comfort in trouble He's my stay,
He tells me very care on him to roll.



He's the Fairest of Ten Thousand to my Soul!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

What a beautiful post, Brenda. The pictures are so pretty. It does take me back to Grandma's house. I have some starts from her Lily of the Valley. So glad that I have so many flowers from her plants.
Also, the song about Jesus being the Lily of the Valley is a beautiful discription of our Savior.