Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Timeless

We are planning another trip to see Grandma Lippert. During these past few weeks my heart has been heavy knowing that these visits will soon come to an end. I know her time is in the Lord's hands...but I can't help but think that this year there will be that one last trip where we will be saying a final goodbye here on this earth. And for our family, heaven will grow even sweeter and be a place we will be even more homesick for.

My quiet, gentle mother-in-law has been a true friend to me. We shared a love of flowers and cooking (she was a wonderful cook: me, I want to be one!). AND a love for her son {still do!}. She was and is such a  lovely example of a faithful, godly woman. Her life has influenced mine in a positive way and I am so thankful that she is Jon's mother.

Anna Mae was such a beautiful lady. That handsome fellow is Dwayne her husband. They were married in 1955.
I have really missed her these past months, and I guess with the past holiday it has made it that much more near to the surface. I miss our telephone calls and notes in the mail. Just talking about her activities and things she had done each week. Anna Mae loved her family, church, cooking, flowers, AND McDonald’s coffee! I always enjoyed sharing recipes, comparing notes on flowers and talking about Ethan.

I remember the Christmas she came to stay with us when Ethan was just a baby. She helped me so much and encouraged me as a new mom. During that week Ethan really warmed up to Grandma and was very generous with his smiles when she held him. She was so proud of her little grandson.

Ethan was just starting to smile and it was so sweet how he smiled at Grandma.

Trying to talk to Grandma.

Sharing a special time with Grandma.
As I look at these pictures I get a little sad because she didn’t get to hold and cuddle Benjamin in the same way. 

Grandma's hands holding Benjamin for the first time.
The words of a song have been running through my mind for weeks now. The melody of the song is so beautiful but the words are even more so. 

Time has a subtle way of turning castles into sand
Of making just a helpless child of the strongest man
Time comes like an enemy to drive us to our knees
Yet it has no power over what the heart believes.

Anna Mae and her family. (My Jon is that cute little boy sitting in Dwayne's lap!)
Jesus is Timeless
He’s like the moving of the wind
To Him there’s no beginning
In Him there is no end
Time may shake our souls
but it cannot change the truth
In Jesus we are timeless too


Time has a subtle way of writing lines on every face
But oh how we’re forever young in the arms of grace
Time comes like an enemy to drive us to our knees
Yet it has no power over what the heart can see.

Jesus is Timeless
He’s like the moving of the wind
To Him there’s no beginning
In Him there is no end
Time may shake our souls
but it cannot change the truth
In Jesus we are timeless too


Time may shake our souls
but it cannot change the truth
In Jesus we are timeless too.


What a comforting thought....and a promise each one of us can hold fast to. 

No comments: